A few months ago, my dear friend Amanda wrote a blog post titled Serve Your Spouse, Dang It! It immediately became the inspiration for this month's goal and I highly suggest you read it! Since it is our anniversary month, I figured it would be the perfect time to focus on doing more things for Joe and not putting my selfishness first. I don't like some of his favorite foods so I never make them, some nights I'm too tired and focused on other things to help him with anything, I never hang up his clothes for him when I'm putting the laundry away, there is definitely a lot for me to work on.
I followed Amanda's lead and made a list of the things that I want to do to serve my husband this month. Some of the things came from a list that I found online a few months ago, (I wish I remembered where) of ways that he would like me to show him I love him I had him highlight the ones that he liked and then I set it somewhere and forgot about it until I was cleaning the apartment the other day. I borrowed a few ideas from Amanda's list and tweaked them a bit to fit my relationship with my husband better. And the rest are things that I just know he'd really love for me to do.
Serving My Husband
- Treat him as if he has "Handle with Care" stamped on his forehead.
- Pray for him.
- Focus on what he's doing right instead of the negatives.
- Look for ways to laugh with him often.
- Scratch his back after a hard day.
- Give advice in a loving way.
- Brag about him to other people, in front of him and when he's not there.
- Make a good steak and potatoes (not the boxed, instant kind) meal for him.
- Be sure to thank him and acknowledge whenever he does anything to serve me.
- Take him on a date that includes everything that he'd enjoy.
- Always have something available for him to take to work for lunch.
- At least two days a week, look cute at night instead of changing into comfy clothes after work.
- Compliment him on three things every day. Make him feel like a million bucks!
- Flirt with him.
- Invite him to go to dinner at Sizzler or Cafe Rio, two of his favorite restaurants that aren't my favorite.
- Do some of the chores that I'd normally leave for him to do.
- Put away his clothes after I wash all of the laundry instead of leaving it for him to do himself.
- Take the dog out when it's his night to do it so that he can sleep instead.
- At least one morning a week, let him sleep instead of watching the dog while I get ready for work.
- Tell him how much I love him every day!
What do you do to serve your husband, boyfriend, etc.?